112 for those with impaired speech and hearing

If you are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment, you can contact 112 via text phone or the SMS112 service. Those with a temporary speech or hearing impairment, for example following an operation, can also use the SMS112 service.


In the event of an emergency, those who have pre-registered their mobile phone for the SMS112 service can communicate directly with the emergency number 112 by sending a text message containing a description of the incident and the information necessary for you to be given the correct assistance. In the first message, briefly describe what has happened and where it has occurred (municipality and address). The SOS operator will then ask supplementary questions via text in order to obtain enough information to send the right help to the right place.

The SMS112 service is available only to those who are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment and who are registered via SOS Alarm’s website. Additionally, institutions that have students and/or staff who are deaf, such as dormitories, preschools, day-care centres, etc., may use the service.

Register here:

On the following pages you can register, change your details or cancel the service using the form you will find on each page.

Registration for SMS112, private individual

Registration for SMS112, business/organisation

Notification of change of details for SMS112

Cancellation of SMS112

Within a few days after registering, a text message will be sent to the telephone number you registered, containing notification that the service is ready to use.

Please note that the service should be available only to those who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, in accordance with a parliamentary decision.

Text phone 

In life-threatening situations, if you have a text phone, you can call the emergency number 112 direct for help. The call will be answered by an SOS operator who will ask you questions by text phone in order to determine what assistance is required.

Emergency number 112 via an intermediary service

You can contact the emergency number 112 via the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority’s (PTS) intermediary services texttelefoni.se and bildtelefoni.net. These will enable communication between you and an SOS operator on 112.

You can also use PTS services to contact the following non-emergency numbers:

- 1177 for medical advice from nurses
- 113 13 to provide or obtain information about accidents and crises
- 114 14 for non-emergency police matters, such as a police report


If you have any questions, please contact SOS Alarm’s customer support by email at: kundsupport112@sosalarm.se